Addison Reserve Country Club, recognized as a Platinum Club of America, ranking #4 in the nation for Residential Communities, is seeking a talented, versatile Sous Chef to join our culinary team headed by Executive Chef Zach Bell; a four time nominee for James Beard Foundation Best Chef: South.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a high volume, multi-faceted, and prestigious environment
- Minimum 2 year culinary degree from an industry recognized culinary institution.
- Must be well versed in classic European and American cuisine
- Experience in Banquets, Buffet preparation and Fine Dining required
- Must be a self starter, highly organized and have a passion for learning and teaching
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares or directly supervises kitchen staff responsible for the daily preparation of soups, sauces and specials to ensure the method of cooking, garnishing and portion sizes are as prescribed by standardized recipes.
- Assists the Executive Chef with monthly inventory, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning and issuing for food production.
- Assumes complete charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Assists Executive Chef with supervision, and training of employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities.
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of foods.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality.
- Controls food and payroll costs for maximum profitability
- Prepares reports and schedules, cost menus and performs other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Personally works in any stations as assigned by the Executive Chef
- Consult with dining room management during daily line ups
- Assist in food procurement, delivery, storage and issuing of food items
- Expedites food orders during peak service hours
- Coordinate buffet presentation
- Check mise en place before service time and inspects presentation of food and items to insure that quality standards are met
- Reports all member/guests complaints to the Executive Chef and assists in resolving complaints
- Monitors kitchen staffs time and attendance to ensure compliance to with posted schedules
State of the art working environment, Excellent benefits, Salary commensurate with experience. Drug free workplace/ EOE. Please email resumes to [email protected] or visit www.addisonreserve.cc and click on the Employment tab to fill out an application.