It is essential to keep members refreshed and hydrated as easily and quickly as possible by the pool, and on the course and court.
Nothing pairs better with a hot summer day than an ice-cold and refreshing glass of anything. As temperatures begin to soar members are left feeling fatigued and sweaty and are looking for a perfect summer beverage to help them beat the heat. Refreshing, hydrating, cooling, light and crisp is the perfect combination for poolside sipping or while enjoying the other outdoor activities around a country club.
Much like the food for a club’s snack bar, snack bar beverages should be quick to serve while still being innovative, creative, and even incorporate seasonal ingredients and garnishes. Popular snack bar beverages include:
- Sparkling cocktails such as an Aperol spritz or other alcohols with flavored sparkling water
- Frozen drinks such as a pina colada, strawberry daiquiri, or frosé
- Sangria or chilled wines such as sparkling wine, white wines, or rosé
- Classic cocktails such as a margarita, mojito, or mint julep
- Mocktails or other spruced-up non-alcoholic beverages that include lemonade, iced tea, iced coffee, and fruit-infused water with ingredients such as watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, oranges, mint, basil, etc.
Another key to mixing up the right, fresh, seasonal cocktails is simplicity in both ingredients and process. It is hot outside, so naturally, you want something refreshing but also light and easy to make where simple ingredients can speak for themselves. Do not overwhelm drinks with heavy ingredients or too much sugar. Drinks should look appealing and at times bright and colorful, and just like any food items, they should be served in shatterproof glasses or cups.
Water is what members need most when spending all day outside, but it is also important to provide members with something that tastes a little different and more refreshing while still keeping snack bar beverages unique but also simple.