The 2020 Chef to Chef Conference agenda includes three Certified Master Chefs as well as the Celebrity Chef Michelle Bernstein.
Club + Resort Business and Club + Resort Chef have officially announced the full lineup of speakers and topics for the twelfth annual Chef to Chef Conference, which will take place in Charlotte, N.C., from March 1st through March 3rd.
The Conference is projected to bring together more than 400 of the county’s top club chefs and food & beverage directors as well as sponsors including Chef Works, ClubProcure, Cres Cor, Electrolux, Kopplin Kuebler & Wallace, Libbey Foodservice, The Montague Company, Mountain Waffle Co., Northstart Technologies, Pierce Chicken, PreGel, Spiceology, Sterno Products, Sysco, and Villeroy & Boch.
The Conference will take place at the The Westin Charlotte.
The lineup of presenters includes some prominent club chefs, as well as several Certified Master Chefs, who will present on topics tailored to their skills and experiences. Sessions will focus on leadership and career advancement. There will also be a number of cooking demonstrations.
The speaker lineup that has been arranged for the 2020 Chef to Chef Conference includes these presentations:
- Creative and Effective Approaches to Cooking, Career Growth and Leadership — Presented by Chef Michelle Bernstein
- Leadership vs. Management/Innovation vs. Creativity — Presented by Ed Leonard, CMC, Director of Culinary Operations and Executive Chef, The Polo Club of Boca Raton (Fla.)
- From Club Chef to James Beard Nominee (+Cooking Demo) — Presented by Paul Verica, Chef Owner, The Stanley (Charlotte, N.C. restaurant)
- Stay on Top: Be the Driver in Culinary Manpower and Financial Performance — Presented by Fritz Gitschner, CMC, Executive Chef, Philadelphia Country Club, Gladwyne, Pa.
- An Introduction to CBD and Terpenes from Canada’s Cannabis Chef (+Cooking Demo) — Presented by Travis Petersen, The Nomad Cook
- The Three R’s: Relevance, Recruitment and Retention — Presented by Michael Matarazzo, CEC, Executive Chef, Farmington Country Club, Charlottesville, Va.
- Inspiring and Retaining a Culinary Team at the End of the ‘Yes, Chef’ Era — Presented by J. Kevin Walker, CMC, AMC, Executive Chef, Ansley Golf Club, Atlanta, Ga.
- Multi-Use Condiments and Plate Finishes (+Cooking Demo) — Presented by J. Kevin Walker, CMC, AMC, Executive Chef, Ansley Golf Club, Atlanta, Ga.
- Women in Hospitality: Promoting Their Success and Impact — Rhy Waddington, Executive Chef, Winged Foot Golf Club, Mamaroneck, N.Y. and Rhonda Vetere, Author
- The ‘APPY’ Kitchen: A Paperless Approach to Managing Workflow — Presented by James Hudock, Executive Chef, Gibson Island (Md.) Club
- Play with Your Food: A Fun Approach to Casual and Fine Dining — Presented by James Allen, CEC, Executive Chef, Blackthorn Club at The Ridges, Jonesborough, Tenn.
The 2020 Conference agenda will also include a return of the always-popular “Chef to Chef Live” breakout sessions moderated by Jerry Schreck, Executive Chef, Merion Golf Club, Ardmore, Pa., and other leading club chefs, during which attendees can participate in free-flowing interchanges on a variety of topics that are always of interest and concern to all club chefs.
The 2020 Conference will also include the first-ever “Inside the House” club tour, giving attendees a unique opportunity to get an up-close, exclusive look at the food-and-beverage operations of three of the city’s leading clubs: Quail Hollow Club, Carmel Country Club and Myers Park Country Club. (Learn more here.)