Yield: 1 serving
For the Lavender Simple Syrup:
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. dried lavender
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and immediately turn down to a simmer.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and the syrup has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool; strain.
- Simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator, for about a week.
For the Cocktail:
Handful of frozen blueberries
2 ozs. vodka
1⁄2 oz. lavender syrup
1⁄2 oz. elderflower liqueur
Splash of soda water
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle frozen blueberries to release their juices.
- Add vodka, lavender simple syrup, and elderflower liqueur; muddle mixture. Add ice and shake well.
- Pour the cocktail (with the ice and muddled blueberries) into a cocktail glass and top with soda water.