2 cups corn
as needed Olive oil
¼ cup peppers, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
16 ozs. hearts of palm, chopped
¼ cup scallions, chopped
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
¼ cup gluten-free panko
¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
¼ cup gluten-free panko for coating
to taste Salt
to taste fresh ground pepper
as needed chive oil
1 ea red and yellow beet, cooked soft in salted water
½ pint cherry tomato, halved and tossed with salt, pepper, red onion and olive oil
- Coat the corn with olive oil and roast for a few minutes. Cool.
- Lightly sauté the peppers and onions. Cool.
- In a bowl, mix the hearts of palm, scallions, mustard, panko and mayonnaise. Form the mixture into cake and coat with panko.
- Sauté with a small amount of olive oil over medium heat until golden brown. Drizzle with chive oil.
- Serve with red and yellow beets, a petit green garden salad and a salad of cherry tomatoes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Söenke Brandt, Executive Chef, Woodmont Country Club, Rockville, Md.