In partnership with True Aussie Lamb, C+RC will host its first-ever virtual cooking competition, to showcase the depth of culinary talent within the club industry and the wide-ranging applications of different lamb cuts on menus.
Based on the success of its Mystery Basket competition at the annual Chef to Chef Conference, Club + Resort Chef has teamed up with True Aussie Lamb to kick off its first-ever virtual cooking competition. The online event will showcase the depth of culinary talent within the club industry and the wide-ranging applications of different lamb cuts on club and resort menus.
The competition will kick off the week of January 25 and run for 8 consecutive weeks. Each week, C+RC will reveal the recipes, videos and submissions from a new chef. In week 8, the winner will be announced and awarded a $2,000 first prize.
Each competitor will submit an appetizer and an entrée featuring the lamb cuts sent to them courtesy of True Aussie Lamb. The dishes will all have a spring theme. Competitors are welcome to use ingredients and equipment from their own pantries, but in all cases, the focus of all dishes should be on the main protein.
The 2021 Club + Resort Chef Australian Lamb Competition contestants will include:
- Scott Craig CEC, CCA, WCMC, Director of Culinary Operations, Myers Park Country Club (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Kevin Walker, CMC, Executive Chef, Ansley Golf Club (Atlanta, Ga.)
- Eva Barrios, CEC, Executive Chef, Royal Oaks Country Club (Houston, Texas)
- Geoffrey Lanez, MBA, CEC, Executive Chef, The Patterson Club (Fairfield, Conn.)
- Lance S. Cook, WCMC, CEC, CCA, WCEC, CFBE, FMP, CFSM, Executive Chef, Hammock Dunes Club, Palm Coast, Fla.
- Colin Moody, CEC, PCII, Executive Chef, The Club at Pasadera, Monterey, Calif.
- Rhy Waddington, Executive Chef, Winged Foot Golf Club, Mamaroneck, N.Y.
The judging will focus on sanitation, cooking technique, plate presentation, recipe originality, handling of lamb, representation of the spring theme, producibility, salability, artistic value, and a peer review.
The judging panel includes:
- Joanna DeChellis, Editor, Club + Resort Chef
- Michael Matarazzo, CEC, Executive Chef, Farmington Country Club (Charlottesville, Va.)
- Gerald Ford, CMC, Founder and Culinary Director of Legit Culinary Concepts, former Executive Chef of the Ford Plantation, and Contributing Editor for Club + Resort Chef and Club + Resort Business
- Adam Moore, Corporate Consulting Chef, True Aussie Beef & Lamb
- Catherine Golding, Business Development Manager – North America, True Aussie Beef & Lamb
About Club + Resort Chef
Club + Resort Chef offers a unique platform for suppliers and manufacturers across the foodservice industry to connect with a niche segment of culinary decision-makers who control $23 billion in annual F&B sales. Through a mix of digital, print and in-person content, Club + Resort Chef offers vivid, incisive information geared specifically to the special needs of club and resort chefs and food-and-beverage professionals.
About True Aussie Beef & Lamb
At True Aussie Beef & Lamb, our goal is to help home cooks and food professionals in America achieve success with Australian beef and lamb. It starts with education about Australia’s unique pasture-based production practices and how Aussie family farms contribute to delivering environmentally sustainable and high-quality products to the world. We get directly involved with culinary support, through product development and menu ideation. When Australian meat hits the menu or the meat case, we are there with customized marketing support, from resource support to full creative activations. All the while, our social media and consumer outreach help build a hunger for Australian grassfed beef and lamb.