For the Cream of Cauliflower:
1 oz. butter
5 ozs. leeks, diced (white only)
1 ea. celery stalk, chopped, with leaves
1 piece bacon, applewood-smoked, 13/17
1 ea. bay leaf
1 sprig thyme leaf
13 ozs. cauliflower, florets
3 ozs. potato, peeled and sliced
40 ozs. chicken/vegetable stock
1.5 ozs. verjus
to taste celery salt
to taste salt and white pepper
For the garnish:
roasted red pepper lozenge
pickled mustard seeds
foie gras cromesquis
• Chop the leek, celery and bacon, and sweat in butter for five minutes.
• Cut cauliflower and sweat it with the other vegetables.
• Add the stock, potatoes, bay leaf and thyme to the sweating vegetables.
• Simmer slowly for 20 to 30 minutes.
• Remove the bay leaves and thyme.
• Season to taste with celery seed, salt and pepper.
• Process the soup in the Vita Prep to a smooth texture, and season to taste with salt, pepper and verjus.
Submitted by Tyler Field, Executive Chef, The Club at Mediterra, Naples, Fla.