Roasted Acorn Squash
4 ea Acorn squash, cut in half length wise, deseeded and cut into 1 inch thick half moons
¼ Cup Olive oil
1 T Salt
½ T Freshly cracked black pepper
2 T Smoked paprika
10 ea Garlic cloves, crushed
20 ea Thyme, sprigs
2 T Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the cut squash and all the other ingredients, until mixed evenly.
- Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and spread out evenly. Place in oven and roast rotating pan every 10 minutes until golden brown (about 30 min).
- Pull sheet pan from oven and cool to room temperature.
Maple Whipped Ricotta
2 Cup Ricotta
2 T Olive Oil
3 T Maple syrup
Pinch of kosher salt
- Place ricotta into a robot coupe.
- With motor running, drizzle in olive oil until well blended (about 15-20 seconds).
- Next, drizzle in maple syrup until well blended (another 15-20 seconds).
- Season with kosher salt to enhance flavors.
Brown Butter Vinaigrette
4 T Butter, unsalted, (1/2 stick)
1 ea Shallot, minced
¼ t Kosher Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
3 T Sherry vinegar
½ Cup Olive Oil
1 t Thyme, fresh, finely chopped
1 T Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. You are looking to brown the milk solids, but not burn them. When the butter has browned remove from the heat and add the shallot, salt, and pepper to taste. Pour the brown butter mixture into a blender and add the vinegar
- Turn the blender on medium and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Turn blender off and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add fresh thyme and parsley, and stir to combine.
Brown Butter and Pecan Granola
½ Cup Butter, unsalted
¼ Cup Dark brown sugar
¼ Cup Honey
2 t Vanilla
½ Cup Pecans, chopped
2 Cup Oats
½ Cup Cranberries, dried
1 t Orange zest
½ t Cinnamon, ground
½ t Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a saucepan melt and brown the butter.
- Place brown butter in bowl and whisk in brown sugar, honey, and vanilla
- Mix pecans, oats, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt. Drizzle in butter mixture and toss.
- Spread granola mixture on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 min. Until golden brown. Stirring mixture a couple of times.
- Let cool.
- Break into clusters. Mix in dried cranberries.
1 Cup Arugula
½ ea Red Apple, med dice
1 ½ T Brown butter vinaigrette, just enough to coat
2 T Brown butter pecan granola
Pomegranate Seeds for garnish
Plating Farmer Squash Salad
Spread 2 T of the whipped ricotta with a spoon. Place 3 slices of the roasted squash across the ricotta. Toss the arugula, apple, and vinaigrette in a small bowl. Mix well. Lay the salad down across the squash and garnish with the granola and pomegranate seeds.