¾ cup soy sauce
1 1/2 cups banana sauce
2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
1/3 cup Coke
juice of one lemon and one orange
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup green onions, thinly slice on the bias
crispy garlic, as needed (found in Asian grocery stores), optional
- Combine soy sauce, banana ketchup, pepper, Coke, lemon juice, orange juice, garlic, ginger, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Divide in half, reserve one half for basting. In a large Ziploc, pour other half in and add chicken. Massage to cover all the chicken and place in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers. Chicken should be touching, but not pressed together on the skewer. If using wood, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.
- Brush olive oil over skewers and grill.
- When chicken is almost charred, mop on reserved marinade, turning to coat. Continue cooking, about 12 minutes, or until done.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with green onions and crispy garlic.
- Serve with fresh made Jasmine rice and pickled slaw.
Recipe courtesy of foodchannel.com