The Angels Camp, Calif., resort will host the first of three events on April 3, offering a five-course gourmet meal paired with five of the 15 Greenhorn Creek Vintner member wines. All five wineries will be represented by the owner or winemaker to discuss and answer questions about their wines.
Greenhorn Creek Resort and Golf Club in Angels Camp, Calif., and the Greenhorn Creek Vintner Club members prepare to uncork the 2014 Winemaker Dinner Series to be served at the resort’s renowned CAMPS Restaurant.
The tables will be set for the first of this year’s three events on April 3, 2014, when guests will feast on a five-course gourmet meal paired with five of the 15 Vintner member wines from Calaveras County Wine Country. To compliment the dinner, all five wineries will be represented by the owner or winemaker to discuss and answer questions about their wines.
“Winemaker dinners often center around learning the story behind a brand of wine,” says Siri Gilpin who, along with her husband Rich, own Coppermine and Lavender Ridge Wineries in Murphys, Calif. “With the creative approach by Greenhorn Creek, dinner guests will have the opportunity learn about multiple wines during one dinner at an intimate setting.”
Executive Chef Sherri Smith at CAMPS prepared a specially designed menu to include:
• Local Tempura Zucchini, served with Lavender Ridge Cotes du Blanc
• Creamy Caramelized Scallop Risotto, served with Ironstone “Reserve” Chardonnay
• Roasted Lamb Rack with Smoky Mushroom Ragout and Green Beans, served with
Zucca Mountain Zinfandel
• Braised Beef Shank & Creamy Gorgonzola Polenta, served with Prospect 772 “The Brat”
• Bittersweet Chocolate & Orange Tiramisu, served with Renner “Trilogy”
The cost is $85 per guest.