It’s important to stay hydrated during the summer months. Drinking water is the best way to stay hydrated, but here are a few foods that 90 percent water or more. These foods also provide the body with essential nutrients that can enhance the immune system, aid tissue repair, and maintain blood pressure.
- Zucchini—95% water and high in vitamin C
- Watermelon—92% water and high in vitamin A and C
- Strawberries—92% water and high in vitamin C and folate
- Spinach—92% water and high in fiber and iron
- Cantaloupe—90% water and high in vitamin A and contains potassium
Source: “Club Circle,” Farmington Country Club, Charlottesville, Va.