1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 medium-sized bunch chocolate mint
1 red chili
1/2 cup roasted sesame oil
2 limes, juiced
1 tsp. tumeric powder
1/2 tsp. fennel seeds
pinch ground cloves
2 1/2 lbs. American Lamb tenderloin, trimmed
1/2 cup clarified butter
8 blood or regular oranges
1/2 cup fresh dried cilantro
1/2 cup fresh dried pineapple mint
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
to taste coarse sea salt
1/2 cup Greek natural yogurt
3 Tbsp. pomegranate puree
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- In a bowl, toss onion, mint, chili, oil, lime juice, turmeric, fennel and cloves; mix well. Add tenderloins; toss well. Place in a vacuum bag; vacuum and marinate for 1 hour (or use large plastic bag and marinate for 2 hours).
- Remove lamb tenderloins from marinade. In a heavy-bottomed pan, add butter. Sauté lamb until brown on all sides; baste with butter while cooking for 6 to 10 minutes until medium-rare. Place tenderloins on a rack; keep warm.
- Peel oranges to remove white pith; slice them into even rounds. In a food processor, blend cilantro, mint and sugar into a fine powder; place through a sifter. Arrange orange slices on serving plates; sprinkle with sugared herb mixture to season well. Scatter pomegranate seeds over the oranges.
- Slice lamb tenderloins; place over the salad, drizzle with vinegar and sprinkle with salt.
- Mix yogurt, puree and brown sugar. Spoon yogurt into a piping bag or squeeze bottle with a small nozzle; drizzle generously over the fruit and lamb.