Sous Vide Ribeye Pinenut Miso
Submitted by Alex Q. Becker, Executive Chef, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Hollywood, Fla.
6 oz. ribeye
3 oz. miso
1 oz. sake
1 oz. mirin
1 oz. sugar
1 oz. pinenuts, puréed
½ oz. green onions, sliced
6 pcs. baby zucchini
6 pcs. asparagus
Salt & pepper to taste
- Vacuum pack the ribeye portions and place in waterbath and cook at 129 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from waterbath and place in an ice bath until chilled. Set aside until ready to grill.
- Mix miso, sake, mirin, sugar and mix. Cook over a low heat in a thick bottom sauce pan while stirring constantly until you achieve an amber brown and thicker sauce. Let cool.
- Mix the chilled sauce with the pinenut puree.
- Season the steak and vegetables; grill to desired temperature.
- Top the steak with the pinenut miso mixture or use as a dipping sauce.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice. Top with green onions and serve with vegetables.