• New line of straws and stirrers made from Danimer Scientific’s Nodax™ PHA (polyhydroxyalkanoate)
• Nodax™ PHA is derived from canola oil and is a marine biodegradable, soil biodegradable, and home compostable material
• PHAs are naturally occurring and they biodegrade in marine and soil environments
• National rollout of this innovative new straw will be later this year
• Increased consumer demand for more soil and ocean-friendly disposable products spurred the company’s exploration into a viable solution
• PHA straws performance will be very similar to that of traditional polypropylene straws
Contact: WinCup Inc.